Outsource your NMR analysis to ensure precise data for quality control, R&D and REACH registration.
Save time and resources by outsourcing your NMR analysis to SGS’s Center of Excellence in Hürth, Germany.
Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) is the interaction of a nucleus with electromagnetic waves in a strong magnetic field to create a spectrum of different signals that identify the functional groups of molecules in a substance.
NMR analysis is a non-invasive, non-destructive analytical technique that uses the information provided by these signals to identify and quantify substances, determine their molecular structure and in some cases, detect impurities. This makes it a valuable tool for:
- Determining the purity, quantity, identity and structure of substances
- Identifying and characterizing new products during research and development
- Controlling quality and meeting requirements for final product certification
- Identifying or verifying substances for REACH sameness testing
- Conducting effective failure investigations