Reduce your carbon footprint, comply with regulations and meet disclosure requirements.
What We Offer
Frequent flooding, rising sea levels and shifting weather patterns are just some of the evident consequences of steady increases in the level of greenhouse gases (GHG) in the atmosphere. Reducing GHG emissions is essential for mitigating the considerable and unprecedented stress that is being placed on the environment.
SGS has been developing specialist greenhouse gas verification and advisory services since 1998, following the adoption of the Kyoto Protocol. Our services consider all aspects of a business’s approach to GHG and can be used by companies and operations of all sizes, from SMEs to large global conglomerates, and across all industry segments.
Why choose GHG verification services from SGS?
We provide services related to:
- Compliance verification – verification is performed under our ISO 14065 accreditation for a range of local, regional and global emissions schemes. Our credentials and sector specific experience in mandatory schemes are based on a track record of providing verification services in the European Union Emissions Trading System (EUETS)
- Disclosure and reporting – we provide GHG emissions inventories and product verification against internationally accepted standards and our clients’ own methodologies, including ISO 14064-1, GHG Protocol, PAS 2060 and PAS 2050. Our pragmatic approach helps you continuously improve your monitoring and reporting of GHG emissions
- Carbon footprints – the first step for any business wishing to reduce emissions. Our advisory services help you:
- Develop a verifiable organizational or product carbon footprint
- Identify cost saving opportunities via the development of low carbon business strategies and a GHG emissions reduction roadmap
As a world leader in verification, inspection, testing and certification, we are the first choice for companies looking to manage their GHG emissions. When you partner with SGS, you gain local knowledge backed by global expertise.
In addition to our GHG verification services, we also provide a variety of training solutions, delivered by our experts. These range from simple one-day modules on GHG accounting principles to comprehensive four-day courses on GHG emissions verification. Our training courses can be delivered in-house or at one of our SGS Academies.